From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: hasufell@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Patch set for git-r3 enabling full mirroring of upstream repo
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 17:44:59
1 Dnia 2014-02-24, o godz. 13:04:13
2 hasufell <hasufell@g.o> napisał(a):
3
5 > Hash: SHA512
6 >
7 > Michał Górny:
8 > > Dnia 2014-02-24, o godz. 01:18:49 hasufell <hasufell@g.o>
9 > > napisał(a):
10 > >
11 > >> But to make it more clear to you: I don't think that removing
12 > >> shallow clone support is an improvement, so I vote against
13 > >> removing it.
14 > >
15 > > Then please provide patches that add proper support for that. The
16 > > changes were necessary to fix repeatedly reported bugs/requests
17 > > while the shallow clone code conflicted with them.
18 > >
19 > > I will be happy to re-introduce them when I have time and proper
20 > > design. Complaining isn't going to help, you know.
23 > I might, but before working on something it has to be discussed first.
24 > I won't put effort into something without knowing if it's for nothing
25 > (e.g. maintainer disagreement or refusing patches because of coding
26 > style).
27 >
28 > So yes, complaining helps to make clear what we want. Every bug report
29 > is in fact a complaint.
30 >
31 > There is no rush from my side since I still use the old eclass. I was
32 > just confused of your way to move this through which did not make
33 > clear if you even think of reintroducing it since you said "I don't
34 > feel like maintaining the extra code is worth the effort" and did not
35 > respond to ulm's and my comment.
36
37 You made it clear that the support is wanted, and I noted that. I will
38 try to wrap up a few ideas wrt supporting shallow clones and submit
39 them to the ml for discussion. Possibly even today.
42 Best regards,
43 Michał Górny