From: Tim Yamin <plasmaroo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] seeing a new trend of laziness developing.
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 17:14:47
1 On Sun, Feb 26, 2006 at 11:40:44AM -0500, Ned Ludd wrote:
2 > When people go out of their way to file a bug for you or a team you are
3 > on. Please _please_ don't be lazy and just close/reassign/other it
4 > with a '.'
5 >
6 > A period is the most useless way to respond to a bug. If you can't take
7 > 2 seconds out of your life to say something as simple as. 'Fixed in
8 > CVS/This is an upstream problem/etc' or anything slightly descriptive of
9 > what changed. Then your use usefulness to the project starts to come in
10 > question.
11 >
12 > Continuing to close bugs with a simple '.' will result in me making fun
13 > of you rightly every time I see your name mentioned anywhere.
14 >
15 > 232 matches. http://tinyurl.com/pmrmx
16
17 Needless to say, the same applies for CVS. *Always* commit with a ChangeLog
18 entry and never use "See ChangeLog" as your CVS commit message -- this
19 makes tracking down changes very difficult due to the non-atomic nature
20 of CVS.
21 --
22 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list