From: Terje Kvernes <terjekv@××××××××.no>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] perl question
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2001 18:35:45
1 "Chad M. Huneycutt" <chad.huneycutt@×××.org> writes:
2
3 > I did not write the application. I am not sure why the carriage
4 > return at the end of the line was causing a problem as an argument
5 > to opendir, but the most irritating part was that when I printed out
6 > $dir, strange things could happen, which inhibited my debugging. :-)
7
8 hm. maybe opendir didn't like getting a ^M as a part of its
9 argument. :)
10
11 of course, printing it just might show it as "\n". that would be the
12 cute part.
13
14 > P.S. if you want to see the code, it is a package called petrovich
15 > (hosted at sourceforge), and I will be checking it into app-misc
16 > sometime this weekend.
17
18 I'll see if I'll bother. honestly, perl _should_ be transparent when
19 it comes to newline habits.
22 Terje - just another perl hacker.