From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] gentoo-dev-announce list
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 22:27:13
1 Lars Weiler wrote:
2 > * Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o> [06/06/24 20:06 -0700]:
3 >> I propose that all need-to-know announcements and decisions be posted to
4 >> a separate, moderated (or restricted posting) gentoo-dev-announce list
5 >> to ensure that no developers lose track of what really matters.
6 >
7 > I like the summaries in the GWN. Probably more people can
8 > help out to create that summary.
9
10 OK, that would be a useful collaboration to build so that we could
11 basically get development announcements cross-posted to both locations.
12 The GWN often covers in-progress discussions rather than their
13 aftermath, while the -dev-announce list would be purely aftermath. Also
14 the -dev-announce list could post announcements immediately following a
15 decision rather than waiting up to a week for the next GWN to come out.
16
17 Thanks,
18 Donnie