From: Stuart Herbert <stuart@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ebuild for kontact: looking for testers
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 19:05:39
1 Hi everyone,
2
3 I just want to say a big 'thank you' to everyone who has taken up my offer of
4 testing the Kontact ebuild. My apologies if I haven't replied to thank you
5 in person! There was a lot more interest than I imagined ;-)
6
7 Here's the current situation on the ebuild, as I understand it.
8
9 The ebuild itself appears to install Kontact just fine (after a couple of
10 typos in the DEPEND were fixed ;-), and Kontact appears to work very well
11 too. I've had one report of a possible gcc-3.3-related problem to do with
12 the pilot-link dependency, one report that the OpenGPG plugins may not work
13 (although they do on my machine), and one report that Kolab may not like
14 glibc-2.3.1-r4. Other than that, things seem to be good with the ebuild
15 itself.
16
17 After talking with pauldv from the KDE, we've agreed that this ebuild can go
18 into Portage - but it will remain masked for the time being. This version of
19 Kontact overwrites parts of the original KDE install, and this is against our
20 ebuild policy. pauldv has volunteered to look into what it would take to
21 create an accompanying kdenetwork ebuild that could be used to help Kontact
22 be more compliant.
23
24 On the Kolab front, Erik Gjertsen has emailed me with details of a Kolab
25 client ebuild, which I'm hoping to get to look at over the weekend. There's
26 no news yet of a Kolab server ebuild.
27
28 Best regards,
29 Stu
30 --
31 Stuart Herbert stuart@g.o
32 Gentoo Developer http://www.gentoo.org/
33 Beta packages for download http://dev.gentoo.org/~stuart/packages/
34
35 GnuGP key id# F9AFC57C available from http://pgp.mit.edu
36 Key fingerprint = 31FB 50D4 1F88 E227 F319 C549 0C2F 80BA F9AF C57C