From: Luis Ortega <ortega@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Linux Standard Base
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2001 10:36:24
1 I was reading in LinuxToday some comments about the LSB and just about
2 everyone is singing praises to it.
3
4 You may get the specs at
5
6 http://www.linuxbase.org/spec/
7
8 There are a couple of topics there that would be of concern for Gentoo. One
9 is the topic of packaging. Packaging addresses binaries and states that RPM
10 is to be supported. The other is system Init.
11
12 The pages in the specs (PDF format) are not numbered. The section on
13 packaging start in page 229 (chapter 13) and the one on system init on page
14 352 (Chapter 18). I got there using the thumbnails. This is a long document,
15 almost 400 pages.