From: Timothy Redaelli <drizzt@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] `paludis --info' is not like `emerge --info'
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2009 20:42:07
On Saturday 04 April 2009 18:12:09 Thilo Bangert wrote:
> > 'guess'. Like how you have to guess what use flags are really being > > used for the package in question, because it doesn't tell you? > > i'd like to ask the developers of package managers to standardize this. > having <packagmanager> --info be the same no matter who you like best is > incredibly usefull. > > while we are at it, emerge --info output may or may not be made even more > usefull...
i think it's better to develop an "emerge --info package" like "paludis --info package". Since it's better to have an ebuild-scope environment than a global one (for package.use/bashrc) -- Timothy `Drizzt` Redaelli FreeSBIE Developer, Gentoo Developer, GUFI Staff There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence. -- Jeremy S. Anderson