From: "Rémi Cardona" <remi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Bug wrangling
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 06:07:45
1 Steve Long a écrit :
2 > Mark Loeser wrote:
3 >> Making an actual bug wrangling team (subproject of QA) is something
4 >> I've been toying around with in my head. I'd love to get an actual team
5 >> set up so we can encourage users to help us get the information we need
6 >> in bugs so it is less work for us. Several other distributions have
7 >> such projects, so we have something we can use as a template.
8
9 Getting a team is an excellent idea. Jakub is one of those folks that
10 turn a boring yet essential activity into a craft (with the best
11 possible meaning of the word "craft").
12
13 We all know which devs/herds bugs should be assigned to, we all know
14 most bugs aren't complete if emerge --info is not provided, that sort of
15 things. But Real Bug Masters (tm) know all the dupes, know all the
16 current problems in our various trees and arches, and act as bug-spam
17 filters for the herds.
18
19 So while we can and do *survive* without Jakub, his role is invaluable
20 and having a proper team can only help us in the long term.
21
22 > That requires non-technical things (*cough* follow-up) like a sense of
23 > teamwork, and not looking down on people who don't have cvs commit access.
24
25 FWIW, Jakub never had CVS commit access, and specifically refused it.
26 He's only ever worked with Bugzilla and IRC (to ping, poke or harass
27 devs :) )
28
29 Cheers
30