From: Athul Acharya <aacharya@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: removing dhcpcd from system???
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 21:15:28
1 Ioannis Aslanidis <aslanidis@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Please, post into the mailing list, not directly to me.
3
4 Sorry, gmail's handling of mailing lists screwed me on that.
5
6 > I do want it in the system profile.
7
8 Why? As Mike Frysinger stated above, the new baselayout doesn't have a
9 dependency on any kind of dhcp client, let alone dhcpcd specifically.
10 If you need dhcpcd, you can emerge it. If not, you're no longer
11 forced to have it. I have a lot of things emerged that are necessary
12 for my system to run, but not for everyone's. These things are not in
13 the system profile. dhcpcd is the kind of thing that falls into this
14 category. Thus, dhcpcd should not be in the system profile.
15
16 Athul
19 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list