From: "Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn" <chithanh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Changing order of default virtual/udev provider
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 23:40:34
1 Michał Górny schrieb:
2 >> systemd and udev share the same codebase. You can no longer build udev
3 >> without systemd. udev is only a sub-project of systemd now, hence the
4 >> name "systemd-udevd".
5 >
6 > Of course, sure. But since you seem not to be able to understand
7 > basics: this *does not* mean Lennart is the only person having
8 > influence on how udev progresses. Sharing the same repository
9 > and utility libraries is not the same as being the same thing.
10
11 Ok, apparently I am too dense to understand that the someone who is the lead
12 developer and visionary of a project naturally has the same say as someone
13 who is only bickering from the sidelines. Maybe if you had pointed out a
14 systemd developer who disagreed with Lennart's words I could have seen the
15 light earlier.
16
17 Also I am obviously unable to understand that when the kernel folks
18 complained about the "new maintainers" of udev breaking things, they would of
19 course never suspect that these "new maintainers" have anything to do with
20 systemd at all.
21
22 http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel/1368617
23
24 Seriously. You gave good reasons why udev should remain the default over
25 eudev, I acknowledged as much already. But do not continue the path of
26 labelling your opponents as stupid and their arguments as FUD, because this
27 is clearly not the case. It really doesn't help your argument, it just makes
28 you look bad.
32 Best regards,
33 Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn