From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, libressl@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Recap: Discontinuing LibreSSL support?
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2020 09:05:14
1 On Thu, 2020-12-31 at 02:50 +0000, Peter Stuge wrote:
2 > Michał Górny wrote:
3 > > > > I think the three main ways forward from here would be to either:
4 > > > >
5 > > > > 1. Keep LibreSSL for indefinite time (possibly masked)
6 > > > > 2. Eventually move LibreSSL to libressl overlay.
7 > > > > 3. Eventually remove LibreSSL.
8 > > >
9 > > > 4. A libressl or libressl-libtls ebuild installs only libtls.
10 > >
11 > > dev-libs/libretls already does that.
12 >
13 > dev-libs/libretls doesn't install a libressl libtls.
14
15 Yes, it does. Have you actually looked at it? It's the same exact
16 code.
17
18 > It's clear now that you want to hinder that in Gentoo at any cost to
19 > the community, but that's not useful, so please take a step back unless
20 > you are actually going to be constructive.
21
22 I'd really appreciate if you stopped the emotional arguments and ad
23 hominem attacks. I think it is pretty clear that I'm putting a lot of
24 effort to find a good solution, and your aggression is very unwelcome.
28 Best regards,
29 Michał Górny