From: Roman Gaufman <hackeron@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ANN: broken-up kde ebuilds (aka 'emerge kmail')
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 18:23:13
1 err, DO_NOT_COMPILE="kmail" in /etc/make.conf does just that, and
2 supports every package or even service KDE has to offer. Feel free to
3 not compile ksmserver or kinit as well -- this will break things, but
4 the fact is, gentooists always had the possibility to do this!
5
6 What exactly do you propose here? -- do you actually propose gentoo
7 developers should split the metapackages into close to 100 ebuilds? --
8 what gain over DO_NOT_COMPILE does this give?
9
10 How about putting this in the ebuilds:
11 kmail? || DO_NOT_COMPILE="${DO_NOT_COMPILE} kmail"
12 konqueror? || DO_NOT_COMPILE="$DO_NOT_COMPILE} konqueror"
13 kdm? || DO_NOT_COMPILE="$DO_NOT_COMPILE kdm"
14 ...
15
16 I'm not in favor of this as this will make many extra use flags, but
17 it still seems a far better solution than splitting the meta packages.
18
19 If only you checked out the forum ;) -- its a popular question as you
20 rightly said.
21
22 Roman