From: Erik Grinaker <erikg@××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ebuild USE priority
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 19:53:09
1 On Wed, 2002-05-15 at 01:53, Spider wrote:
2
3 > On 15 May 2002 00:23:18 +0200
4 > Erik Grinaker <erikg@××××××××××××××.net> wrote:
5 > > According to what I believe is common sense I would prioritize them as
6 > > X, sdl, svga, ncurses - but is there a better way to do this, or do I
7 > > just go by feeling?
8 >
9 > I'd actually say:
10 > sdl, X, svga, ncurses ...
11 >
12 > mostly based on the fact that SDL is a layer over X
13
14 true - but when i tested it sdl was waaaaay slower than x - and as many
15 users most probably have sdl enabled, perhaps without even knowing, i
16 thought x would be a sensible default.
21 Erik Grinaker
22 Freelance UNIX/Linux systems consultant
23
24 "Perfection is acheived not when there is nothing more to add, but
25 rather when there is nothing more to take away"
26 - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry