From: Chris PeBenito <pebenito@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] heads up for selinux
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 04:37:28
1 For those that don't know, SELinux was merged into 2.6.0-test3, which is
2 cool for SELinux users. However, it has a new API (which is also
3 backported to 2.4). Because of the new API, we will be changing a bunch
4 of the packages to use a new SELinux patch. We probably won't be doing
5 this for another week or two, as we need to iron out the upgrade path,
6 and get a doc for the upgrade. Let me know if you have any concerns.
7
8 Packages that will no longer have a SELinux patch:
9 dev-util/strace
10 sys-apps/stat (does anyone even use this?)
11 sys-apps/tar
12
13 Packages that will be adding or changing a SELinux patch:
14 app-admin/logrotate
15 net-misc/openssh
16 sys-apps/coreutils
17 sys-apps/findutils
18 sys-apps/procps
19 sys-apps/psmisc
20 sys-apps/util-linux
21 sys-apps/pam-login
22 sys-apps/vcron
23 sys-libs/pam
24 sys-libs/pwdb
25
26 Basically this will be in the DEPEND:
27 selinux? ( sys-libs/libselinux )
28
29 And something like this in the src_unpack:
30 use selinux && epatch ${FILESDIR}/${P}-selinux.diff
34 Chris PeBenito
35 <pebenito@g.o>
36 Developer, SELinux
37 Hardened Gentoo Linux
38
39 Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xE6AF9243
40 Key fingerprint = B0E6 877A 883F A57A 8E6A CB00 BC8E E42D E6AF 9243