From: Mark Gordon <spamtrap@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] KDE 3.02 Build Problem
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2002 04:44:37
1 When doing the update to arts on my desktop the configure script
2 complained that it could not find an STL implementation. I've emerged
3 STLport and that has not helped (it's not on my notebook anyway). The
4 relevant section of output is:
5
6 | checking for dlopen in -ldl... (cached) yes
7 | checking for shl_unload in -ldld... no
8 | checking if Qt compiles without flags... no
9 | checking if STL implementation is SGI like... no
10 | checking if STL implementation is HP like... no
11 | configure: error: "no known STL type found - did you forget to install libstdc++-devel ?"
12 |
13 | !!! ERROR: The ebuild did not complete successfully.
14 | !!! Function kde_src_compile, Line -3993, Exitcode 1
15 | !!! died running ./configure, kde_src_compile:configure
16 |
17 | !!! emerge aborting on /usr/portage/kde-base/arts/arts-1.0.2.ebuild .
18
19 For some reason my notebook did not complain (it found some STL
20 stuff), so obviously something else provided what was needed.
21
22 The desktop that fails has both Gnome and Kde installed.
23 The notebook has Gnome and just the parts of Kde required for the
24 kde-games package ;-)
25
26 When I get home I can do some further investigation. I'm currently
27 tunneled in to my home machines from the office...
28 --
29 Mark Gordon