From: postmaster@×××××××××××××.nl
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Some suggestions about the Desktop Guide (mouse part)
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 08:36:11
1 Hi guys,
2
3 First of all: great compliments about Gentoo and the docs, the kind of distro I've been
4 looking for for a while.
5
6 But during the install, I've found some things which gave me some problems, or I found
7 rather unclear.
8
9 One problem I ran into, is configuring my USB mouse for X11.
10
11 Your doc says that I need the following modules, for my USB mouse: input, mousedev, hid,
12 usbcore and usbmouse.
13 But that didn't seem to be completely right for my computer.
14
15 After a long search in some fora (incl. forum.gentoo.org) I found out that I didn't need
16 usbmouse, but usb-uhci instead (or uchi, but that one didn't seem to work for my
17 motherboard).
18 I don't know if it's just computer or your docs, but it maybe handy to report this.
19
20 Although this distro isn't for totally n00bs, it may be a help to tell that usbcore is
21 usually compiled static into the kernel. I think it's also good to write these modules
22 down at the kernel compiling part, just after the SCSI CD-rw part.
23
24 Keep up the good work,
25
26 Robert