From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: switching default udev provider for new systems to udev
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2020 05:40:40
1 On Tue, 2020-08-11 at 10:59 +0800, Benda Xu wrote:
2 > Hi William,
3 >
4 > William Hubbs <williamh@g.o> writes:
5 >
6 > > No one has offered to switch from eudev to udev and look at
7 > > regressions. People are asking me to show what features exist in udev
8 > > that aren't in eudev. I stuck with udev. I don't use eudev so I don't
9 > > know.
10 >
11 > I don't think imposing a personal preference to the Gentoo default a good
12 > idea. One person who get stuck with udev does not bring everyone to
13 > stick with udev.
16 So why is the current default based on a personal preference?
19 Best regards,
20 Michał Górny