From: Mikko Moilanen <baldor@××××××.fi>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [Fwd: Re: [gentoo-dev] optimizing many systems / cflags]
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 02:02:18
1 Time to start correcting mistakes. Message sent to wrong address and
2 forwarded to correct.
3
4 -------- Original Message --------
5 Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] optimizing many systems / cflags
6 Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 10:22:15 +0300
7 From: Mikko Moilanen <baldor@××××××.fi>
8 To: Noah Justin Norris <gentoo@×××××.com>
9 References: <200209021452.38441.gentoo@×××××.com>
13 Noah Justin Norris wrote:
14
15 >what optimizing would i use for the following system i would like to run the
16 >fastest as possible, im gona include processor speed and memory for each
17 >3. amd k6-2 500 128 mb ram
18 >5. amd k6-2 366 mhz 128 mb ram
21 I use in my Gentoo 1.4 (GCC3.2) something like under.
22
23 CHOST="i586-pc-linux-gnu"
24
25 CFLAGS="-march=k6-2 -Os -pipe -mmmx -m3dnow"
26
27 That -0s means -02 with some optimization to make executable smaller.
28
29 CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"
30
31 USE="X gtk -gnome -alsa -gpm -svga dvd mozilla gtk2 acl dga directfb"
32
33 If you read your "/etc/make.conf" file and "man gcc" you will find some
34 more information.
38 http://baldor.ath.cx:2000
46 http://baldor.ath.cx:2000