From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: making the stable tree more up-to-date
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 17:13:07
On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 11:35 AM, Ian Stakenvicius <axs@g.o> wrote:
> .should ~arch packages with no maintainer really be moved to stable?* > > (* assuming no other outside forces, like it's a dep of something else > that needs to go stable)
I support stabilizing bug-free newer versions of maintainer-needed packages that already have stable versions. I'm not sure I'd extend that to stabilizing packages that have no stable versions already. I see getting stable users on the ~arch version as a win-win since it means less maintenance of older version (without a maintainer), and will likely give the stable user a more stable experience in reality than what they already have. Those benefits don't exist for a package that has no stable versions to begin with. Rich