From: Michael Kohl <citizen428@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Shell script help - emerge frontend.
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 10:57:24
1 On 20 Jun 2003 18:06:08 +0200
2 Philippe Lafoucrière <lafou@×××××××.fr> wrote:
3
4 > Yes, I've red it. But I saw nothing concrete since that. :(
5
6 There wasn't really a lot of feedback to my suggestion, so I thought
7 nobody is interested (at least until there is some code to look at)...
8
9 > Pythondialiog (available in portable) in a very cool product. But I
10 > want to do a sys util. It must run with the minimum packages.
11 > (Although, python is available in miminal installation, since portage
12 > using it.).
13
14 I also went with Pythondialog (which btw works fine here, no problems
15 like described in your other mail), it's ok, but just covers the basic
16 features of Dialog. Things like relabeling buttons etc. are missing.
17
18 > Moreover, pythondialog ebuild is buggy :
19
20 As stated above, it worked for me, but I already had quite a lot of
21 Tcl/Tk stuff installed (for Tkabber).
22
23 > Should we use python + dialog, or only "shell" dialog ? An advantage
24 > of using python would be the use of portage package
25 > (haven't thought about that).
26
27 The use portage was actually the reason for me to go with Python.
28 BUT I've never done anything substantially more difficult the "Hello
29 World" (ok, I did a little more, but no much) in Python, so this project
30 was also intended as a way to teach me the language.
31
32 Sending you the script as it is right now would be of little use, it's
33 jsut a little something getting me started in Python.
34
35 As I said, after my exams are finished I have more time for this...
36
37 Michael
40 www.cargal.org
41 GnuPG-key-ID: 0x90CA09E3
42 Jabber-ID: citizen428 [at] cargal [dot] org
43 Registered Linux User #278726