From: Christian Parpart <trapni@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 36: providing both CVS and Subversion?
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 18:27:01
1 On Sunday 10 April 2005 7:53 pm, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 19:44:19 +0200 Christian Parpart <trapni@g.o>
3 >
4 > wrote:
5 > | So, sooner or shorter, we're announcing here some news on
6 > | this subject (oops, did I already by this?, so, I can say,
7 > | we're offering already existing svn repositories to be
8 > | merged into the gentoo svn repository
9 >
10 > Hrm, please tell me you're planning one svn repo per 'project', not one
11 > huge big Gentoo svn repo.
12
13 Both have pros and cons. Well, the ASF has everyting converted into a single
14 repository and they seem to be just lucky with it. KDE is about to convert
15 everything into a single svn repos as well (for other reasons).
16 For the Gentoo projects, it might make sense (administrative) to keep
17 everything into a single repository as well. However, providing each sub
18 project with its own repository will work around the single-point-of-failure
19 effect (in worst case) so it's likely to happen this way.
20
21 However, it's not likely to happen today or tomorrow, like ramereth said.
22
23 be patient ;)
24 Christian Parpart.
27 Netiquette: http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt
28 20:17:34 up 18 days, 9:23, 0 users, load average: 0.76, 0.80, 0.72