From: Chad Huneycutt <chad.huneycutt@×××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] trying to fix pan, trying to add perl support to xchat, now neither works
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 10:35:42
1 Gold is Heavy wrote:
2
3 > Anyway, I figured, forget this.. I am merging the entire gnome-base/gnome.
4 > So I did, and it didn't install cleanly. I got these errors:
5 > ----
6 >
7 >>>>Updating mtimes...
8 >>>>Merging gnome-base/gnome-1.4-r3 to /
9 >>>>
10 > !!! /var/qmail/control/ not found. Config file management disabled for this
11 > directory.
12 > !!! /opt/kde2.1/share/config/ not found. Config file management disabled for
13 > this directory.
14 > !!! /opt/kde2.2/share/config/ not found. Config file management disabled for
15 > this directory.
16 >>>>Regenerating /etc/ld.so.cache...
17 >>>>gnome-base/gnome-1.4-r3 merged.
18 >>>>
19 >
20 > * Regenerating GNU info directory index...
21 > * Processed 61 info files: 1 errors; type emerge --verbose to view errors.
24 The merge went fine. That is what "gnome-base/gnome-1.4-r3 merged"
25 means. The other output is informational. Since you weren't installing
26 qmail or kde, obviously you don't care about the config file warnings.
27 The info file errors need to be dealt with eventually, but they are just
28 there as reminders.
31 Chad Huneycutt
32 Ph.D. Student
33 http://www.cc.gatech.edu/~chadh