From: Collins Richey <erichey2@××××.com>
To: gentoo <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] kernel source for gentoo
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 06:52:29
1 I'm trying to understand where you hide the kernel source on gentoo and
2 where the options used to generate the standard gentoo kernel are located.
3 All that I find under /usr/src is several sets of /include directories but
4 no source tree.
5
6 The kernel you supply, for example, has no sound modules compiled, and I
7 would like to recompile for sound support (esssolo1.o and soundcore.o are
8 needed) without breaking anything else.
9
10 I understand building kernels from way back, but what's the gentoo-style
11 procedure for doing this?
12
13 Also what is necessary to get ide-cdrw support. I notice that /dev/sr0 ...
14 have not been generated.
15
16 TIA
17 --