From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] metadata.xml un<herd/>-ization, v2
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2014 09:15:27
1 Dnia 2014-12-09, o godz. 00:46:28
2 Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> napisał(a):
3
4 > Hello, all.
5 >
6 > So considering the previous thread, the Council and QA discussions, I
7 > have prepared a new version of the metadata.xml update. To hopefully
8 > make everyone happy, I come with this three-step process:
9 >
10 > 1. Add type="" attribute to <maintainer/> tag (see attached patch),
11 >
12 > 2. Convert <herd/> to <maintainer type="herd"/>,
13
14 If anyone cares, attaching my script doing the conversion. It tries
15 hard to preserve the indentation used in metadata.xml. However, it does
16 not preserve ' vs " in attribute names.
17
18 The diff can be seen @
19 http://dev.gentoo.org/~mgorny/tmp/herds.diff.xz
22 Best regards,