From: waldek <osuchw@××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Instalation from FAT partition. Possible?
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 23:13:21
1 Hi,
2 I wanted to try out the Gentoo distribution and the most convenient method
3 for me would be storing system snapshot on FAT partition and installing it
4 from there. The instructions talk only about installing from CD-ROM or
5 Linux. I have tried to mount the partition in question using:
6 'mount -t vfat /dev/hda1 /mnt/cdrom'
7 but it did not work. Do you have any sugestions on how to install from
8 FAT?
9 I am not a complete newbie when it comes to installing Linux (I have tried a
10 few distributions in the past) but my expertise level is relatively low so
11 take it into account when giving advice :-)
12
13 waldekO
14 osuchw@××××××.ca -> Waldemar Osuch