From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] app-admin/eselect needs YOUR help
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2008 16:37:45
1 On 14:46 Sun 07 Dec , Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Sat, 6 Dec 2008 23:44:40 -0800
3 > Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o> wrote:
4 > > I hadn't heard of it before, thanks for the ref. What was the reason
5 > > for forking the codebase? It gets pretty annoying to copy across
6 > > useful changes, especially while eselect is stuck in svn.
7 >
8 > Ease of getting things done. Going through Gentoo requires finding a
9 > Gentoo maintainer, endless bikeshed arguments about how to implement
10 > things like the new alternatives framework and then months of waiting
11 > for approval.
12
13 Open and public debate about the right way to do things does take
14 longer, and it's something you certainly participate in quite frequently
15 so I'm surprised to hear you badmouth it when it comes to your own
16 ideas.
19 Thanks,
20 Donnie
21