From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [GLEP] Manifest2 format
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 03:09:42
1 On Tue, 06 Dec 2005 18:39:10 -0500
2 Olivier Crete <tester@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Tue, 2005-06-12 at 17:04 +0100, Marius Mauch wrote:
5 > > As promised here the GLEP for Manifest2 support:
6 > > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/glep/glep-0044.html
7 >
8 > I see nothing about GPG in the GLEP.. Would those manifest files be
9 > signed like the current ones? Would it be possible to have "per-line"
10 > signing, or something like the stacked signing idea that was proposed
11 > last month. If we are going to change the manifest format, might as
12 > well do it properly.
13
14 As stated in the GLEP, gpg is outside the scope of this. As for the
15 questions, per entry sigs would invert one of the main goals (size
16 reduction). And so far I haven't seen any sufficient answer to
17 questions I raised on -core and -portage-dev regarding the
18 transaction/stacked/fragmented/whatever-you-want-to-call-it Manifest
19 signing proposed by Robin, so I'm still quite against it.
20
21 Marius
26 In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
27 Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.