From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] removing of autotools from system set
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 06:54:15
1 now that we have autotools.eclass to ease regenerating of autotools in
2 ebuilds and people have generally adopted this tree-wide, i'd like to
3 look at dropping autoconf, automake, and libtool from the system set.
4
5 i'll wait for the current stage-breaking issue to get sorted out (/dev
6 nodes in stage3) before making the commit, but i want to get this out
7 there asap because i love making Jorge work for it.
8
9 i dont think we'll need to add them to packages.build for stage1 as
10 all the deps should be correct.
11
12 any other issues people can think of ?
13 -mike