From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] debug USE flag misuse
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 02:55:27
Ryan Hill posted on Thu, 01 Jul 2010 19:48:49 -0600 as excerpted:

> We've had per-package CFLAGS for quite a long time now. Maybe we need > to advertise this a little more? There would certainly be a market for > some util to manage all the per-package options that we have scattered > around in different config files.
The answer has always been that various devs are afraid of publicizing the env dir, particularly since settings there are not directly exposed via emerge --info, because it'd make bugs rather more difficult to trace due to the hidden settings. Is that fixed yet? Because I've always thought it was a useful tool too few knew about, as well. -- Duncan - List replies preferred. No HTML msgs. "Every nonfree program has a lord, a master -- and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman