From: Duane Healing <duane@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Softlevel and netwok configurations
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 06:50:26
1 On Tuesday 29 June 2004 04:26, Gustavo Adolfo Silva Ribeiro Felisberto wrote:
2 > In my laptop i have softlevels to boot in different locations, like for
3 > example at home i want to start netmount but don't need exim and on the
4 > road i dont want netmount but i need exim and stuff like that.
5 >
6 > My problem is that on different places i need different network setups.
7 > On the road i want to start net.eth1 in dhcp mode, while at work i need
8 > eth1 with static ip and wep and at home i want to start eth1 with static
9 > ip and no wep.
10 >
11 > Is there a way to have different options with each runlevel?
12
13 Take a look at app-admin/quickswitch. I use it in combination with different
14 softlevels to accomplish this quite successfully.
17 -Duane
18 Uh-oh -- WHY am I suddenly thinking of a VENERABLE religious leader
19 frolicking on a FORT LAUDERDALE weekend?
22 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list