From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 15:38:11
1 Olivier Crête <tester@g.o> posted
2 1173456409.18273.4.camel@localhost, excerpted below, on Fri, 09 Mar 2007
3 11:06:49 -0500:
4
5 > On Fri, 2007-09-03 at 15:57 +0000, Jeff Rollin wrote:
6 >>
7 >> Hahah, yes! - But /which/ House of Commons?!
8 >
9 > I believe none of them is a great example of civility... (at least ours
10 > isn't).
11
12 This calls to mind one of the explanations for the origin of "toe the
13 line". (There are several, none of which seems to be accepted as
14 authoritative, maybe it had multiple roots.)
15
16 See the introductory paragraph under the wikipedia entry.
17
18 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toe_the_line
19
20 As it was when I posted (permanent link to entry snapshot):
21
22 http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Toe_the_line&oldid=112889933
27 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
30 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list