From: Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Jun 11th, 2009 Council Meeting Format
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 06:30:05
1 On Tuesday 02 June 2009 06:15:43 Doug Goldstein wrote:
2 > All,
3 >
4 > The current council meetings have gotten completely out of hand for
5 > weeks meetings have become nothing more then a continuation of the
6 > senseless bicker-fest that have become the e-mail threads on GLEP54,
7 > GLEP55, and EAPI-3 without any real progress or sense coming of them.
8 > It's taken me a little bit to step up and put a stop to it but I fully
9 > intend on putting a stop to it.
10 You have my full support for that.
11
12 > The point of the council meetings is
13 > to bring up a topic and decide on its merits whether it should be
14 > brought into the Gentoo Project or not.
15 I'd say the point is to decide on technical issues, not just limited to adding
16 new things.
17
18 [snip]
19 > I propose the following
20 > changes be instituted before the meeting and happen through the
21 > meeting:
22 [snip]
23 A bit harsh maybe, and needs everyone involved to agree to it to work, but
24 that looks like a great plan to allow council to actually decide on issues.
25
26 > If people like this, great. If people don't, then I can feel comforted
27 > that I spoke my piece about what I want to see the council become and
28 > people don't share the same vision as me.
29 If people don't want to play by the rules they can go play in their own
30 sandbox. We're a large community that needs a certain amount of structure and
31 rules to work efficiently, anyone trying to sabotage that should be
32 sanctioned. I don't mean to imply that we need more rules (that never works)
33 but better rules and someone to enforce them.
34
35 Just my two Groschen,
36
37 Patrick