From: Georgi Georgiev <chutz@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Where to post bug report/questions about webapp-config?
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 16:09:09
1 maillog: 18/11/2005-08:16:33(-0500): Kevin types
2 > Georgi Georgiev wrote:
3 > > maillog: 16/11/2005-20:58:44(-0500): Kevin types
4 > > ...
5 > >
6 > >>Has development stopped on webapp-config? Does it need a new maintainer?
9 > > Development has far from stopped:
10 > >
11 > > http://svn.gnqs.org/projects/vhost-tools
14 > Thanks for the pointer, but how does one make use of the software there?
15 >
16 > I see comments at this URL indicating that bug 101234 discussed in this
17 > thread is fixed, but where is the patch with that fix?
18 >
19 > When I browse the sources at that site, I see a config file with path:
20 > /root/branches/stuart/webapp-config-v1/config/webapp-config that looks
21 > very similar to the webapp-config config file in v-1.11-r1 in portage
22 > that has the assignment (=) operator rather than the comparison (==)
23 > operator (which is one of the problems described in bug 101234). So
24 > that file doesn't seem to have been fixed.
25 >
26 > The other config file:
27 > /root/branches/stuart/webapp-config-v2/config/webapp-config looks very
28 > different but I know that the version of the config file is tightly
29 > bound with the version of the software.
30 >
31 > Is there any way that I can make use of the software that's being
32 > developed at this URL you've listed? Is anyone else doing this? I
33 > don't mind being a beta-tester. What level of development/stability is
34 > this software? Alpha? Beta? Other?
35
36 Well, Gunnar Wrobel's overlay has a version of the bleeding edge
37 webapp-config. His overlay is at rsync://gunnarwrobel.de/wrobel-portage
38 and here are a few more links
39
40 about the overlay:
41 http://www.gunnarwrobel.de/gentoo/ebuild-rsync-server.html#sec4
42
43 the ebuilds:
44 http://www.gunnarwrobel.de/gentoo/OwnEbuilds.html
45
46 Do fetch the overlay, though, as you'll also need the new webapp.eclass.
47
48 Stability: no warranties yet (I was told) but it works fine if you are
49 prepared to pick up the pieces and glue it back together when it breaks.
50 Some incompatible changes were introduced in the last couple of weeks,
51 but the package is more than usable and seems to be stabilized.
52
53 Also check #gentoo-web for more advice. I got the feeling that testers
54 are welcome :) There are also a few known bugs (nothing major) that you
55 shouldn't bother the devs with.
58 /\ Georgi Georgiev /\ I exist, therefore I am paid. /\
59 \/ chutz@×××.net \/ \/
60 /\ http://www.gg3.net/ /\ /\
61 --
62 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list