From: Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: RFC: New Project: Bug Cleaners
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2013 10:31:10
1 On Sat, 16 Nov 2013 12:16:01 +0100
2 Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Hello
5 >
6 > This is a request for comments on a new project:
7 >
8 > http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Bug_Cleaners
9
10 Sounds like a good idea to me.
11
12 > * When is a bug considered still useful?
13 >
14 > There are clear cases like a bug that's no longer reproducable and
15 > thus clearly doesn't apply; however, there are cases where one might
16 > be in doubt (eg. Do people still want it resolved? Do we still want
17 > to add a package that stopped its development X years ago?) that
18 > might not be so clear cut. I'd like to get clearer borders defined.
19
20 I'd like it if maintainer-wanted bugs stayed open. They often have useful
21 discussion, ebuilds, patches, etc. I have one from 2006 that just got pinged
22 yesterday. One thing you could do is CC teams that you think might be
23 interested in the package.
24
25 Of course if the project is dead and buried then the bug should just be closed.
26
27 > * Do we need a mail alias so we can get assigned or CC-ed on bugs?
28 >
29 > This one gets me in doubt, the only case I can come up with is that
30 > being able to CC bug-cleaners@g.o allows users to effectively
31 > help us out as well by marking bugs they consider old.
32 >
33 > Another reason might be that we can assign related trackers to it.
34
35 Well, once you touch an old bug it won't be old anymore, so you're going to
36 need some way of keeping track of them.
40 Ryan Hill psn: dirtyepic_sk
41 gcc-porting/toolchain/wxwidgets @ gentoo.org
42
43 47C3 6D62 4864 0E49 8E9E 7F92 ED38 BD49 957A 8463