From: Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o>
To: gentoo development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Access to DRM render nodes from portage sandbox?
Date: Wed, 09 May 2018 18:41:43
1 On Tue, May 8, 2018 at 11:51 PM, Dennis Schridde <devurandom@×××.net> wrote:
2 > I see sandbox violations similar to "ACCESS DENIED: open_wr: /dev/dri/
3 > renderD128" pop up for more and more packages, probably since OpenCL becomes
4 > used more widely.
5
6 I want to respond to the mention of OpenCL being more widely used...
7
8 https://www.x.org/wiki/Events/XDC2017/Program/#tomstellardredhat-currentstateofopensourcegpgpu
9
10 In short, the state of OpenCL in general is bad. On top of that, many
11 of the implementations we have in Gentoo are unmaintained, despite my
12 repeated requests of interested parties.