From: Jon Nelson <jnelson@×××××××.net>
To: Yannick Koehler <yannick.koehler@××××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] db-4.0.14: request information
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 09:12:07
1 > I'm installing subversion latest release and they seems to
2 > require db 4.0.14. Because that is mask, I was wondering if
3 > someone could let me know the status of that lib.
4 >
5 > Also, is there a safe way to have that one with the 3.x and
6 > previous version? I need more knowledge on that.
7
8 Provided db is slotted properly (I do not know if it is), then
9 it should be safe to install them side-by-side.
10
11 IIRC,
12
13 db1.x should have slot "1"
14 db3.x should have slot "3"
15 db4.x should have slot "4"
16
17 Any idea why they require db4?
20 Jon Nelson
21 Just because it's not broken doesn't mean we can't take it apart.