From: "Michael Sterrett -Mr. Bones.-" <msterret@××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] state of ebooks
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 18:09:40
1 I'm not at all pleased with the current state of the ebooks. I guess
2 I missed the discussion about it on this list before. I looked at the
3 archives and I didn't see any response to vapier's question about *why*
4 ebookmerge was happening.
5
6 I don't want to be forced to use the ebookmerge script. From briefly
7 looking at it, there are temp file issues, quoting issues, spelling
8 issues and, worst of all, it seems like it installs a copy of whatever
9 ebook in the users' home directories. That all seems not as good as the
10 individual-package solution that (afaict) was working fine.
11
12 The current situation is that all the ebook ebuilds are masked and
13 ebookmerge is marked unstable. That's very annoying for those on
14 stable-only systems.
15
16 Michael Sterrett
17 -Mr. Bones.-