From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Introducing the Proctors - Draft Code of Conduct for Gentoo
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 22:03:40
1 On Wednesday 14 March 2007, Stephen Bennett wrote:
2 > On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 16:38:20 +0100
3 >
4 > "Ioannis Aslanidis" <aslanidis@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > > Ciaran, honestly and without any offense intention, what would be your
6 > > answers to the questions you formulated? If you ask all that, assuming
7 > > it's all rethoric, what is your opinion?
8 >
9 > I think his intention was to demonstrate that the idea is implausible,
10 > at best counterproductive and at worst disastrous. Which it is, and
11 > which he did fairly well.
12
13 Could you explain how this is implausible. Removing contributions by a certain
14 person may be silly or impossible. Refusing to accept new contributions is,
15 while a very harsh measure, a possibility.
16
17 Paul
18
19 ps. Let me remind everyone that this is about new conduct, not about past
20 behaviour. If anyone is afraid of the measures, all they have to do is behave
21 properly.
24 Paul de Vrieze
25 Gentoo Developer
26 Mail: pauldv@g.o