From: Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@×××××.de>
To: gentoo developers <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Update notes on -p ?
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 21:05:45
1 Hi folks,
4 some packages print out important notices on install/update.
5 I'd like to see those notes before actually updating, so when
6 using --pretend.
7
8 I'd like to see this as an feature. We could put those texts into
9 some ebuild variable or an separate file, so emerge can show it
10 on emerge.
11
12 Yes, I tried --changelog with several packages, but it actually
13 didn't show up anything. And I'm not sure if the changelog isn't
14 too much text for the user - I only want those things, which
15 today get printed out as important notices while/after emerging.
18 cu
19 --
21 Enrico Weigelt == metux IT service - http://www.metux.de/
23 Please visit the OpenSource QM Taskforce:
24 http://wiki.metux.de/public/OpenSource_QM_Taskforce
25 Patches / Fixes for a lot dozens of packages in dozens of versions:
26 http://patches.metux.de/
28 --
29 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list