From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Patent threat?
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 15:22:23
1 On Tue, 2006-11-07 at 14:12 +0000, Stuart Herbert wrote:
2 > On 11/7/06, Jeff Rollin <jeff.rollin@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > > I'd like to ask how many Gentoo devs get paid for contributions to Gentoo?
4 > > How many of you (paid or non-paid) think MS's threat to sue over patents is
5 > > a real danger?
6 >
7 > I think this is a non-issue until Microsoft issues a direct threat (or
8 > litigation) against a named opensource company or developer. I don't
9 > think there's any benefit in speculating on what Microsoft will (or
10 > will not) do at this time.
11
12 Also, all Gentoo developers are unpaid volunteers. While some might
13 have jobs that allow them to work on Gentoo on the job, the Foundation
14 pays nobody.
17 Chris Gianelloni
18 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
19 Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams
20 Games Developer/Council Member/Foundation Trustee
21 Gentoo Foundation