From: Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New eclass: ros-catkin.eclass, new USE_EXPAND: ROS_MESSAGES, new categories: dev-ros and ros-meta for review.
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2015 08:26:28
1 On Thu, 17 Sep 2015 18:36:06 +0200
2 Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Hi all,
5 >
6 > As part of an effort of bringing ros (http://www.ros.org/) to Gentoo,
7 > I've come up with the following design:
8 >
9 > ros-catkin.eclass that is a template, merging all common code for
10 > catkinized ros packages.
11 >
12 > ROS_MESSAGES will be a new USE_EXPANDed variable: ROS is message
13 > based, processes write and listen to some topic, and a topic is typed
14 > with a message. Messages are defined by simple text files but are then
15 > pre-processed for easy usage in C++, Python & co.
16 >
17 > Several packages are usually bundled in a single repository, with a
18 > meta-package pulling all the others. Hence, I came with two new
19 > categories: dev-ros for single packages, ros-meta for those
20 > meta-packages.
21 >
22 > Some numbers:
23 > /bin/ls ros-meta | wc -l
24 > 52
25 > /bin/ls dev-ros | wc -l
29 > I think maybe half of them are in a state that they can be added to
30 > gentoo-x86.
33 > ebuild example:
34 >
35 > $ cat roslib-1.12.2.ebuild
36 > # Copyright 1999-2014 Gentoo Foundation
37 > # Distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License v2
38 > # $Header: $
39 >
40 > EAPI=5
41 >
42 > ROS_REPO_URI="https://github.com/ros/ros"
43 > KEYWORDS="~amd64 ~arm"
44 > PYTHON_COMPAT=( python{2_7,3_3,3_4} )
45 > ROS_SUBDIR=core/${PN}
46 >
47 > inherit ros-catkin
48 >
49 > DESCRIPTION="Base dependencies and support libraries for ROS"
50 > LICENSE="BSD"
51 > SLOT="0"
52 > IUSE=""
53 >
54 > RDEPEND="
55 > dev-python/rospkg[${PYTHON_USEDEP}]
56 > dev-libs/boost:=[threads]
57 > dev-ros/rospack
58 > "
59 > DEPEND="${RDEPEND}
60 > test? ( dev-ros/rosmake ros-meta/ros )"
66 > Eclass inlined at the end.
67 >
68 > Best regards,
69 >
70 > Alexis.
73 Since there hasn't been comments in a few days, I'm proceeding with the
74 above plan. (with hasufel's eclass review taken into account of course)
75
76 Alexis.