From: "Piotr Jaroszyński" <peper@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [GLEP] Use EAPI-suffixed ebuilds (.ebuild-EAPI) [2]
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 18:19:42
1 On Saturday 22 of December 2007 18:56:12 Daniel Drake wrote:
2 > Why (in terms of your GLEP) are you still allowing ebuilds to set EAPI
3 > inside the ebuild?
4 >
5 > It seems that one approach you might take is to move the EAPI selection
6 > into the filename and remove it from the ebuild itself, and it's not
7 > clear to me why your proposal isn't exactly that.
8
9 That's the goal, yes. The "Specification" part shows how to do that in a
10 backward compatible way and the "Application" part says how is the new format
11 supposed to be used. But seeing it's not clear enough I will look into it.
14 Best Regards,
15 Piotr Jaroszyński
16 --
17 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list