From: Tim Harder <radhermit@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] pkgcore reborn
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2015 03:57:17
1 Hey all,
2
3 pkgcore-0.9 is now in the tree with working EAPI 5 support with the
4 exception of subslot rebuilds. Alongside that, pkgcore-checks (pcheck)
5 has been renamed to pkgcheck and dev-util/pkgcheck-0.5 now in the tree
6 should be able to perform full tree scans or whatever you were doing
7 with pkgcore-checks a long time ago. Also, EAPI 6 support for pkgcore is
8 nearly done so we shouldn't have any lag issues this time compared to
9 EAPI 5.
10
11 I'm sure there are plenty of bugs to be found so please file issues for
12 the respective project under the pkgcore org on github [1] if you want
13 us to take a look or submit a pull request if you feel like doing a bit
14 of hacking.
15
16 In terms of future major development, I'll probably be focusing on
17 rewriting the resolver and developing various tools leveraging pkgcore's
18 API. Also of importance is reviving and refreshing the documentation as
19 well as providing more examples and code for using the API. A few
20 readthedocs sites already exist (e.g. [2]) but we haven't updated the
21 process, theme, etc yet so docs are still broken in a few places.
22
23 If you want to get involved with development, have ideas for features
24 you want implemented, or just want to chat about pkgcore feel free to
25 drop us a line in #pkgcore on freenode. Otherwise the
26 pkgcore-dev@××××××××××××.com mailing list [3] could be revived as well.
27
28 Thanks,
29 Tim