From: Tom Wesley <tom@×××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Who hacked this terrible debug output into emerge ?
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 20:00:46
1 On Wed, 2004-07-28 at 21:16 +0200, Jörg Schaible wrote:
2 > Hi gang,
3 >
4 > after syncing today I have a *lot* of debug output. Look at this below, if
5 > any user can really tell you what the original developer of the gaim ebuild
6 > try to say to him with the ewarns, you'll be lucky. IMHO this makes the
7 > system quite useless.
8 >
9 > Rgerads,
10 > Jörg
14 I only get this output with emerge -d gaim-remote, without the -d all
15 looks good.
16
17 From man emerge:
18 --debug (-d)
19 Tells emerge to run the emerge command in --debug mode. In this
20 mode the bash build environment will run with the -x option, causing it
21 to output verbose debug information to stdout. --debug is great for
22 finding bash syntax errors.
27 Tom Wesley <tom@×××××.org>