From: "Róbert Čerňanský" <openhs@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2017 19:19:11
1 On Sun, 03 Dec 2017 00:18:04 +0100
2 Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > 1. Posting to gentoo-dev@ and gentoo-project@ mailing lists will be
5 > initially restricted to active Gentoo developers.
6 >
7 > 1a. Subscription (reading) and archives will still be open.
8 >
9 > 1b. Active Gentoo contributors will be able to obtain posting access
10 > upon being vouched for by an active Gentoo developer.
11 >
12 > 2. A new mailing list 'gentoo-expert' will be formed to provide
13 > a discussion medium for expert Gentoo users and developers.
14 >
15 > 2a. gentoo-expert will have open posting access like gentoo-dev has
16 > now.
17
18 Hi Michał,
19
20 I fully understand and support the need of pure dev to dev
21 mailing list. On the other side I also see the need for an official
22 (mailing list) channel through which users can reach developers. And
23 with the proposed change we (users) loose that channel. I am not sure
24 if gentoo-expert was meant to be such channel; if not could you please
25 consider it? If yes then I think gentoo-dev-user or gentoo-user-dev
26 would be more appropriate name.
27
28 Best regards,
29 Robert