From: Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o>
To: Gentoo Development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Cc: "Manuel Rüger" <mrueg@g.o>, "Johan Bergström" <bugs@××××××××××.nu>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New USE_EXPAND NGINX_MODULES_STREAM
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2016 10:04:11
1 On Wed, Feb 3, 2016 at 11:48 PM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
2 > Could we please finally stop introducing global USE flags that are
3 > going to only be used by a single package? make.conf already looks like
4 > random mix of randoms these days, with some extra random cruft being
5 > added every second Tuesday.
6
7 This is an interesting point, which I hadn't thought much about.
8
9 It seems USE_EXPAND is really popular. What does it bring that has all
10 these advantages over normal USE flags? It seems like APACHE2_MPMS,
11 APACHE2_MODULES and CURL_SSL could just be normal USE flags with some
12 REQUIRED_USE stuff.
13
14 Actually, I'm not really sure I understand why we can't use normal USE
15 flags for CPU_FLAGS_X86 or PYTHON_TARGETS, either.
16
17 Cheers,
18
19 Dirkjan