From: Stuart Herbert <stuart@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Preparing for unmasking PHP 5
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 20:01:37
1 Hi everyone,
2
3 Robin and I have decided that we're *not* going to support SLOTing PHP 4 and
4 PHP 5. You can have one or the other, but not both. We will continue to
5 support PHP 4 at least until php.net stops supporting it.
6
7 Now that PHP 5.0.1 is out, we are working towards getting PHP 5 unmasked on
8 all ARCHs. It's going to take a little bit of time to achieve.
9
10 If you've ever wondered what it takes a Linux distribution to manage a major
11 upgrade of a major package, you can find out by tracking:
12
13 http://bugs.gentoo.org/60438
14
15 Best regards,
16 Stu
17 --
18 Stuart Herbert stuart@g.o
19 Gentoo Developer http://www.gentoo.org/
20 http://stu.gnqs.org/diary/
21
22 GnuPG key id# F9AFC57C available from http://pgp.mit.edu
23 Key fingerprint = 31FB 50D4 1F88 E227 F319 C549 0C2F 80BA F9AF C57C
24 --