From: Matthew Kennedy <mkennedy@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] gentoo text editors
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 08:39:49
1 "C. Brewer" <cbrewer@×××××××××××××.net> writes:
2
3 > Rather than make Gentoo more like Debian-like (ick!), wouldn't it be simpler
4 > to set the ebuild for clisp to /usr/bin/editor and have src_unpack do a
5 > ln -s $EDITOR /usr/bin/editor, which would give a specific editor while
6
7 I dunno... doesn't seem like an elegant solution to me.
8
9 > I'm not trying to anger anyone with this, but when you starting picking up
10 > good stuff from other places, chances are you will pick up their
11 > shortcomings as well.
12
13 I'm interested in what those short coming might be. I think I may
14 find time in the next few days to scope what it might take to port
15 the alternatives system to Gentoo.
16
17 Matt
20 Matthew Kennedy