From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] removing dhcpcd from system???
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 02:32:03
1 On Monday 27 September 2004 09:56 pm, Travis Tilley wrote:
2 > now about the problem of removing/having dhcpcd... do our init scripts
3 > even support using anything else? and if it's not part of the base
4 > system... why even support it at all in the base system? shouldnt the
5 > support scripts be part of dhcpcd then?
6
7 yes, we support 4 different dhcp clients atm (i dont know if we have any
8 others in portage ... i'm a little familiar with only the 4 we support atm)
9
10 from /etc/conf.d/net.example
11 # dhcpcd: emerge net-misc/dhcpcd
12 # dhclient: emerge net-misc/dhcp and modules=( "dhclient" ) above
13 # udhcp: emerge net-misc/udhcp and modules=( "udhcp" ) above
14 # pump: emerge net-misc/pump and modules=( "pump" ) above
15
16 i mean, in the end, all we really have to do is update our handbook to say
17 'emerge net-misc/dhcp if you want to use dhcp'
18 -mike
21 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list