From: Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Recommend cronie instead of vixie-cron in handbook?
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 16:53:24
1 On Fri, 2013-12-13 at 17:08 +0100, Peter Stuge wrote:
2 > Sergey Popov wrote:
3 > > >>> Last time I checked, vixie-cron upstream was died
4 > > >>
5 > > >> If vixie-cron upstream is dead as you say
6 > > >
7 > > > Define dead?
8 > >
9 > > Bugs are not fixed for a very long time, no answers on private
10 > > e-mails or in maillists.
11 >
12 > Define very long time?
15 > //Peter
16
17 Please,... just look at the Changelog!
18
19 quote, first added to the tree: *vixie-cron-4.1 (27 Aug 2004)
20
21 and it has been patched ever since, picking up patches from other
22 distros, etc., fixing bugs,...
23
24 Currently at revision 14.
25
26 Plus I don't recall that it be tree-cleaned in this thread, just to
27 change the default in the install manual to one that is being developed.